Woke up at 5:30am to get to the airport at 6. When I went to check in, the attendant took 30 mins to confirm that I indeed was on the flight due to the fact that I had changed my ticket on Friday. Don't worry, I persuaded her that I did not need to pay any additional money for the new ticket. It is an old Jedi mind trick... or the naive American act. Either way, it worked.
The plane from Delhi to Bangalore (Bengaluru) was virtually empty. That is good news for me because as soon as we were in the air, I put up the arm rests next to me and laid down and slept for 2 hours. If you refer to the title, you will begin seeing a trend. Dwarakimama and Ratna Aunty were on a plane 5 minutes apart from me so we met back up at the Bangalore airport and rode a bus near to where they lived. Akshay and Aprameya picked us up and we went to their home. Akshay is the son of Dwarakimama and Aunty and Aprameya is his son (5 years old [?]). I played some legos with Aprameya trying to overcome the language barrier as much as possible. He knows English well, I just can't understand him sometimes. We then enjoyed lunch which Suhasani had prepared (Akshay's wife). They had purchased a new dinning table and it was not yet assembled so we ate on the ground. I of course loved it. It was 'typical India' style. During lunch, it became very apparent that I am not flexible and need to stretch my joints some. Before, during, and after lunch Aunty asked me several times if I was tired. I must have appeared __ *see title above* __ because she was persistent. I don't know if I was lying to myself but I really didn't feel all that tired. oh oh oh boy was I wrong. Everyone went down for a nap so I played 'ball' with Aprameya. He thoroughly enjoyed me being able to spin the ball on my finger, dribble through my legs, pass the ball to him with backspin so it comes back to me before he can get it, juggle with my feet, and kick it with one foot wrapped around the other (you probably don't understand this one [I don't think I would with that explanation] but just know he tried to do the same thing for 10 minutes because he was so enthralled).
After playing, I decided that I would go upstairs and read (Akshay and fam live downstairs, Dwarakimama and Aunty live upstairs and have an extra room for me). For those that know me, that of course made me __ *see title above* __ and sleepy beyond all reason. I put the book down (I did this on purpose for once) and closed my eyes. When I awoke from my temporary slumber, it was darker outside and I wondered how long I had slept. One maybe two hours? I got up and tried to go outside to go downstairs but the door was locked from the outside. I went back to my room and soon Dwarakimama came upstairs. After startling him by walking out of the room (I wonder if people here will ever get used to the 'White giant') he told me what time it was. I HAD SLEPT FOR 6 HOURS. Not only that, he had tried to wake me a couple times and Aprameya had come to wake me only to cry on the floor next to my bed because he couldn't wake me up. Sorry.
After dinner on the newly furnished table it was bedtime so back upstairs to an eternal slumber once again.
a story for Margaret
10 years ago
.jpg)
.jpg)

You're gonna have to teach me that little ticket trick...although maybe I already know it since I had somewhat of a similar experience when I took the train from Hamburg to Offenburg, and my ticket was for the previous day, but I was already stuck on the train so she just let me stay.
ReplyDeleteAlso, extremely jealous that you're in India. It has secretly always been a dream of mine since I was a little girl, but I haven't ever had a chance, and Europe is further up on the desirable level than anything else right now.
Joe,
ReplyDeleteIt's called "Jet Lag" and it's worse when you travel West to East than when you travel East to West.
Lamont
I think that little leg knot trick is called a jester. Some how I knew exactly what you were talking about.
ReplyDeleteD